This position provides executive level assistance and administrative support to Chair of Academic Psychiatry Department. Responsible for the coordination of the academic activities and functions in the department under the direction of the Chair of Academic Psychiatry Department. The position performs advanced, diversified and confidential duties requiring broad and comprehensive experience, competencies and knowledge of department/organization policies and practices while exercising discretion in handling confidential, sensitive and timely information. This position will manage high level strategic priorities and initiatives and must possess fine attention to details, a high energy level, positive attitude and the ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Supports Chair’s day-to-day activities related to administrative, academic, clinical and research functions.
- Performs a variety of complex and confidential administrative duties with accuracy and efficiency, including but limiting to compiling reports, furnishing information, scheduling meetings and preparing agendas, taking/distributing meeting minutes, responding to routine correspondence from both internal and external contacts.
- Provides initial high-level and strategic planning/summary of departmental initiatives.
- Completes travel reports and reimbursement
- Coordinates with IT department(s) to maintain Department website. Responsible for basic IT related functions/activities/troubleshooting
- Coordinates with Administrative Staff coverage of office, phones and time away schedules.
- Assists in recruitment, appointment and promotion of faculty
- Works closely with Tower Health Medical Group to post job opportunities, correspond with applicants, schedule and organize interviews. Includes travel and hotel arrangements and breakfast and lunch when needed.
- Coordinates with Medical Affairs Office of Drexel University College of Medicine appointment/reappointment and promotion process for faculty in affiliates seeking academic appointments. Responsible for drafting appointment and promotion letters for the Chair to review and revise.
- Includes timely preparation of all required dossier materials
- Tracks all upcoming reappointments and promotions
- May prepare draft Chair’s letters for review
- Supports credentialing/on-boarding/regulatory compliance
- Monitors and maintains faculty completion of annual training modules (i.e. sexual harassment, conflict of interest, malpractice, etc.)
- Coordinates the on and off boarding process for all faculty with HR
- Maintains Physician Personnel Files as necessary
- Tracks and logs all physician time away from office
- Coordinates with faculty and staff on physician/resident Block Schedules.
- Supports academic and research functions in the department
- Provides administrative support to faculty in research including grants application
- Coordinates IRB application and approval
- Communicates with research office at Drexel and Tower
- Maintain communications with industry sponsors
- Maintain communications with study sites
- Sets up research seminars in the department
- Coordinates with residency program manager in residents onboarding and graduation
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5 years of relevant experience, or equivalent relevant work experience; Each year of work experience may be substituted for each year of education required
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite (required) and other administrative software (preferred), and familiarity of research software preferred
- Detail oriented, strong organizational and computer skills.
- Excellent customer service. The ability to work effectively and independently
- Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal skills. Able to handle sensitive issues with Chair and faculty members