Tower Health is a strong, regional, integrated healthcare provider/payer system that offers leading-edge, compassionate healthcare and wellness services to a population of 2.5 million people. Together, our six hospitals and other entities provide a full range of medical care from prevention, screenings & education; to the latest clinical services and surgeries available; to rehabilitation. We also offer wellness programs & public health services that ensure our communities are the healthiest they can be. Our caring, highly trained physicians and staff are committed to patient safety and patient satisfaction.
With more than 11,000 team members, Tower Health includes Reading Hospital, a teaching hospital based in West Reading; Brandywine Hospital in Coatesville; Chestnut Hill Hospital, a teaching hospital in Philadelphia; Jennersville Hospital in West Grove; Phoenixville Hospital in Phoenixville; and Pottstown Hospital in Pottstown. We also operate Reading Hospital Rehabilitation at Wyomissing & Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences, & we have a comprehensive physician network.
Collaboration across Tower Health enables our hospitals, providers, leadership & staff to leverage best practices across the health system. Our hospitals have received national recognition for advanced care in areas such as neurosurgery and stroke, cardiac & vascular surgery, trauma, hematology & oncology. Reading HealthPlex, which opened at Reading Hospital in October 2016, combines state-of-the-art technology and world-class design to make the HealthPlex one of the most sophisticated surgical centers & inpatient facilities in the region.
At Tower Health, we have a rich history of providing high-quality, cost-effective care in the communities we serve. As the healthcare industry continues to change, one thing remains steadfast: Tower Health’s commitment to Advancing Health, Transforming Lives.
The Office Manger supports the Practice Director with day to day operations. Will manage staffing, monitor progress of daily assignments of clinical, clerical and billing staff in addition to helping with the transition of new practices. Acts as a delegate for all administrative functions / duties in the absence of the Director. Other duties include:
- Overseeing daily office operations
- Monitors billing system, accounts payable, evaluates patient flow, registration, scheduling and prepares management report
- Ensures staffing needs are met and patient flow is efficient and effective
- Assigns and delegates duties to employees, evaluates employee productivity and staffing needs, oversees the work of clerical staff and maintains personnel files
- Oversee ordering of supplies for the practice
- Participate in the implementation and support of EMR in the practices
- Implements and integrates established corporate guidelines and policies throughout all physician practices.
- Enforces compliance of policies and procedures and keeps clerical staff informed of hospital communications and policy changes.
- High School Diploma or GED (Required).
- 2 year / Associate Degree (Preferred).
Experience and Skills:
- 1-3 Years Management experience (Required).
- 1-3 Years office experience (Required).
- 1-3 Years Experience with Health Insurance terms, copays, co-insurance, and deductibles (Preferred).
- Required Skills: Excellent Communication Skills, Excellent Interpersonal Skills, General Clerical Skills, Microsoft Office Suite, Multi Line Telephone Operational Skills.