Your tasks and responsibilities
Bayer’s oncology division is undergoing an impressive growth trajectory and significant R&D investment. We invested nearly $3B in pharmaceutical R&D spending for 2016 with a significant portion dedicated to oncology as a core division. In 2017 we established a Strategic Business Unit for Oncology (SBU) and that is led by Robert LaCaze who came to Bayer after 25 years at BMS Oncology.
Bayer has committed to double-down in Oncology over the next 7 years. The TKI Team has been the cornerstone of Bayer in the oncology market. The Oncology Sales Consultant (OSC) plays a critical role in continuing to drive our leadership position in liver cancer as well as growing market share in mCRC. The OSC must have the ability to engage, educate, and influence healthcare professionals in a very competitive landscape. The OSC will need to collaborate with cross-functional partners (RN Educators, Key Account Executives, Field Reimbursement Managers, and MSL’s) in order to meet the needs of the customers. The OSC is expected to exceed target sales goal by building strong business relationships, understanding customer needs, influencing their treatment decisions by making impact during sales calls, efficient territory management, and leveraging insight from sales analytics.
The primary responsibilities of this role, Oncology Specialty Consultant – Oklahoma City, are to:
- Demonstrate a mastery of product clinical efficacy, and articulate a strong value proposition for the customer;
- Learn and retain in depth mastery of clinical knowledge for numerous tumor types with the goal of educating healthcare professionals on the benefits of our TKI brands and the appropriate patient populations that can benefit as well as optimal patient management;
- Show mastery of disease state knowledge, competitive landscape, and disease management;
- Target, develop, assess and maintain a thorough understanding of accounts and key customers while maintaining a high level stakeholder position. Utilize strategic thought process in developing and maintaining key customer database;
- Show mastery of key account management, best practices and selling skills development;
- Liaise with other Bayer personnel to provide patient and reimbursement support while exceeding sales goals;
- Develop exceptionally well designed business plans aligned to brand strategic imperatives with resource allocations that link to strong business results;
- Demonstrate the ability to keep up with the changing oncology landscape in terms of trends, local and regional influences;
- Be extremely patient focused with the ability to build and foster a strong positive relationship with the healthcare professionals and key opinion leaders in our disease states;
- Exemplify strong collaboration and team work skills with internal and external stakeholders;
- Adhere to company and compliance guidelines, policy and procedures.