Leidos is actively interviewing for a Open Source and Media Analysis/Effects Assessment Support Analyst to join our team in Tampa, Florida.
Support MARCENT situational awareness and event reporting by providing daily and weekly open source media summaries and analysis. General coverage shall include USCENTCOM AOR countries and selected border countries, with a focus on MARCENT's Theater Security Cooperation (TSC) engagement countries.
* Provide MARCENT tailored analytical products and studies as required, including: primers supporting operations, exercises, and other TSC events focused on special interest countries, regions, and events.
* Provide media analysis and an effects assessment capability that measure the effects of the Commanders' themes, communications objectives, and engagement activities.
* Provide support to 5th MEB, SPMAGTF-CR-CC, TF Southwest, Marine Expeditionary Units (MEUs) and other MARCENT subordinate commands as required.
* Maintain an open-source website where the MARCENT staff or deployed MEUs can access the daily media summary and required studies and reports.
* Prepare and submitted unclassified and classified reports and briefs as required.
* Minimum 4 years’ experience in Department of Defense communications and public affairs.
* Secret clearance.
* Ability to access relevant, daily, local, regional and national media reporting.
* Ability to analyze and access media reporting and develop detailed reports.
* Access to systems and platforms to pull print and social media reporting.
* Graduate of DoD's Defense Information School
* Minimum of 6 years' experience in the USMC Public Affairs Field.
* 4-year college degree in communications or related field.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.