Do you have a solid understanding of the Agricultural industry and how it functions? Do you have a Class- A CDL or willing to obtain one? Do you have experience creating a culture of safety? If you said yes to these questions, consider a career with Wilbur-Ellis!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
The Operations Support Representative is a support role that assists with all operational aspects of the branch. The Operations Support Representative will also assist in managing existing and attracting new customers within the sales territory, assist customers with proper product selection and use based on agronomic needs, and maintain and develop profitable customer relationships.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
• Promote a positive work environment and overall employee morale
• Knowledge and/or experience with agricultural operations
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
• Proficient in all Microsoft office applications and in particular Excel
• Ability to multi-task, take direction and work independently
• Understands and maintains confidentiality
• Willing and desires to work overtime hours during busy seasons
• Class A CDL is encouraged but not required
Key Personal Attributes Include:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Requires excellent interpersonal skills between both customers and fellow employees
• Detail and accuracy orientation with an ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Good interpersonal and team-building skills with a positive attitude and ability to establish relationships with branch personnel, peers and customers
• Present a professional image through personal appearance and overall facility cleanliness
• Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
• Assist with aspects of all day to day operations of the facility
• Assist with seed treatments and seed warehouse operations
• Proper application of fertilizer and plant protection products
• Ensure that equipment is repaired or serviced to avoid delays in equipment availability
• Properly complete necessary paperwork (application records, shipping papers, driver daily report, and all info on work orders)
• Utilizing JD Edwards for order fulfillment, generating shipping papers, and invoicing
• Assisting with the inventory control process
• Keep the location current with DOT regulations (Comply, JJ Keller)
• Provide support to other team members as required to attain branch goals
• Attend product training sessions and meetings when necessary
• Other duties as assigned
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive hourly wage (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, Employee Assistance Program, vacation, sick time, life insurance, + more); Pension Plan, 401k match up to 3%
- Drug-Free Workplace
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed, and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit, and a dedication to quality work, our customers, and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits, and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)