Operations & Engineering IS Site Support Manager
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB’s Electrification business is a leading provider of a full range of protection, control and measurement solutions - enabling safer and smarter electricity flow from substation to the point of consumption. We deliver products and systems designed to connect, protect and control electrical systems, ensuring reliability, efficiency and safety for equipment and personnel.
If you are looking for big, global challenges, Information Systems (IS) is the place to come.
ABB's portfolio includes some of the most advanced power and productivity products and systems in the world. To help us work more efficiently, you need to understand the power and potential of information technology. If you have the energy, discipline and intellectual firepower to succeed, you will find almost limitless opportunities to stretch your thinking, expand your horizons and build your skills as you work with talented people all over the world.
This role reports to Information Systems (IS) Service Manager, As a Operations & Engineering IS Site Support Manager, you will be responsible for the application of broad Information Technology (IT) technology knowledge and expertise across Electrification Business Operations. You will manage the application support team with accountability for building, configuring, maintaining, enhancing, and troubleshooting operational applications supporting Manufacturing, Quality, Logistic. Supply Chain and Distribution Business Functions.
- Leadership: Primary responsibility for supporting the implementation of the IT Operations & Engineering Leadership strategic goals support by ensuring that the Operations & Engineering applications meet the needs of the Electrification business as a whole.
- Oversee day-to-day business support activities in conjunction with infrastructure and operations to ensure the applications perform well in production.
- Collaborate closely and build productive relationships with Business and Operations Leaders across the organization.
- Coach the Operations & Engineering IT Site Support Teams by developing their skills and capabilities to meet the needs of the organization, as well as building on existing recruiting capabilities to address new needs and skills gaps.
- General Site Administration: Develop a detailed understanding of the issues, challenges, and opportunities that they face and help influence how applications can enable new sources of value.
- Support the develop and enhancement of methodologies and practices for the application life cycle management in line with best practice and practical experience of continuous improvement.
- Ensure that applications processes (including those of external service providers) are conducted in line with corporate social responsibility, environmental and technical policies and applicable standards and legislation.
- Support appropriate IS solution/service according to agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs), in time, in budget and at quality.
- Proactively support the installation, management, maintenance and optimization of internal and cross-functional processes related to IS Services.
- Governance for assigned tasks, executes all actions in IS processes according to agreed RACIS (Responsible, Accountable, Consulted, Informed, Support) specification.
- Blue Yonder Warehouse Management System Administration
- System and User Support: Support the End to End Warehousing Processes including Receiving, Put away, Order Processing, Picking, Packing, Shipping, ASN, PO Management, SO Management, Wave management, Inventory Management, Yard Management, RF Technologies.
- Troubleshoots production problems and works to fix issues across multiple sites.
- Trains users on system processes and changes when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned that support overall objective of the position.
- Requirements and Analysis: Analyzes current and future state business processes.
- Evaluates alternatives and defines a recommended system approach.
- Produce deliverables including business process flows, use cases and storyboards.
- Facilitates administrative meetings.
- Ensures compliance with SOX.
- System Configuration, Design, Development, Validation, and Implementation
- Documents functional capabilities of BLUE YONDER WMS and Material Handling software and integrations of BLUE YONDER WMS and Material Handling software to other ABB systems.
- Leads in producing deliverables including configuration/tailoring documents; integrations; user mock-ups, and development as needed.
- Documents functional and integration design specifications for software developers/programmers.
- Leads group to resolve questions and issues during configuration and development cycles.
- Defines testing cases and executes test scripts to ensure that systems meet the needs of the business.
- Performs system testing and leads user acceptance testing cycle.
- Executes implementation tasks and ensures successful go-live.
- Associate degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or related is required with 8 or more years of experience as an IS Manager, Project Manager, Program Manager or Agile Product Manager with proven Blue Yonder experience.
- Must have 3+ years of demonstrated experience managing a high-performing Blue Yonder team.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Experience leading and delivering applications support across manufacturing, logistics and distribution processes is strongly preferred.
- Ability to translate customer needs into technical requirements.
- Proven analytical and problem resolution skills with the ability to assess complex issues with limited information.
- Ability to meet objectives by influencing and engaging across multiple global, remote teams is required.
- Must be able to travel in NA (approximately 10%).
- Flexible to work different shifts when required, with little or no notice.
- At least 3-4 years of experience in data networking technologies including hardware, system software and networking. MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert), CNE (Certified Netware Administrator) certification is a plus.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.