Responsible for the overall coordination of field operations and supervision of field personnel from the office.
• Act as a liaison between Field Supervisors, Laboratory staff, and Clients
• Receive Client orders, dispatch work to field staff, follow up on job progress and reports to Clients
• Ensure pending jobs are completed on schedule and identify / report any potential problems to management.
• Review all data for accuracy and completeness, prior to reporting results to client.
• Understand and comply with Company procedures for Safety, Field Operations, and reporting
• Understand and comply with individual Client Instructions and requirements
• Maintain excellent records for billing purposes
• Provide guidance to various supervisory personnel
• Check and approve field expenses and field equipment purchases
• Participate in local marketing efforts
• Provide recommendations to Operations Manager regarding improvements to field operations and marketing
• Assist with field work as necessary
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
• Minimum of three years of transferable experience in the Oil, Gas and Chemical Inspection Industry (field or operations).
• High level of accuracy is required, with special attention to details.
• Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills (verbal and written). Must be able to read and comprehend labels and instructions.
• Position requires a dependable and reliable individual; whose daily presence adds to the success of the Department.
• Ability to follow instructions independently, with little or no supervision.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from individuals and/or groups both within the organization or while representing the organization.
• Excellent time management skills which includes the ability to balance multiple projects concurrently (with different deadlines) and marshal the resources necessary to accomplish them.
• Ability to design optimal solutions for problems and the ability to work with others in solve larger complex problems.
• Maintain working knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) and other applications.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
• SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.