Are you a hands-on manager? Are you willing to work on job duties right alongside with your direct reports? Are you safety driven with a focus on environmental stewardship and product quality? Do you have 3-5 years' experience in manufacturing? Do you have experience with JDE, SAP, or another ERP software? If so, we want to hear from you!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
Manage manufacturing operations, with a focus on safety, environmental stewardship, production quality and timely supply of products to WECO branches and third-party customers. Lead in compliance with regulatory requirements and company policies. Provide service and support to the Pro Markets sales force.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- Technical / Engineering degree is a plus but not required if there is commensurate experience
- Background in agriculture is a plus
- 3-5 years’ experience in manufacturing
- Ability to lead and influence
- Ability to work with diverse people
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning software (JDE, SAP)
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills
- Detail and accuracy orientation with an ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Good interpersonal and team building skills with a positive attitude and ability to establish relationships with all plant personnel
- Ability to establish relationships with branch personnel, peers and customers
- Understand and maintains confidentiality
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables include:
- Oversee all aspects of facility operations and support
- Provide support to other team members as required to attain business goals
- Recruit and hire new employees as required
- As part of an overall performance management plan, conduct annual performance reviews with direct reports
- Provide coaching and feedback to employees as required throughout the year
- Ensure that all direct reports are properly trained in their necessary duties and suggest training to improve required job skills
- Address poor performance with progressive discipline and use of performance improvement plans
- May require occasional overnight travel
- Support and improve customer service for WECO and third-party sales. Work productively and constructively with the WECO retail and distribution side of the business
- Stress safety in the workplace and compliance with Company safety policies
- Steward of an enjoyable work environment for employees
- Foster growth and expansion of employee skills
- Stress environmental stewardship and compliance with environmental regulations and good practice.
- Direct and manage quality control issues in purchasing, processing, packaging, transporting and warehousing.
- Manage inventories of both raw materials and finished products
- Direct scheduling of production
- Maintaining the integrity of all production equipment
- Communicate with Plant Manager on progress with activities of the facility and update him on issues concerning production, purchasing, and supplies.
- Comply with all Wilbur-Ellis safety and regulatory procedures
- Attend training sessions and meetings when necessary
- Promote a positive work environment and overall employee morale
- Present a professional image through personal appearance and overall facility cleanliness
- Other duties as required and assigned
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Comprehensive company benefits
If you are a current Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.