MV Transportation has been closely following the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines for personal protection equipment (PPE), which now includes gloves and hand sanitizer in our divisions. Our Procurement team was able to secure an order for more than a half-million masks and other personal protection equipment, which have been sent to our divisions. MV Transportation as a company remains strong and we will be well-positioned to move forward even during these trying times. The safety and well-being of our employees and the passengers we serve remains our #1 priority!
The Operations Manager/Network Administrator is the daily liaison between MV's local field personnel and local management team. This person oversees the safe and efficient operation of daily service, in compliance with the client policy and in conformance with MV standard operating procedures. This person has oversight responsibility for all operators, dispatchers, reservationists, schedulers, window clerks and the call center manager. This person also coaches and counsels employees, administering progressive discipline when needed.
Additional responsibilities include reviewing all logs and paperwork from the dispatch office and ensuring all operator and supervisor shifts are covered. This person works closely with the dispatch and reservations office to confirm vehicle operators are properly supported. This individual works to monitor service and make sure it is delivered on time and meets the expectations of the passengers.
The Operations Manager/Network Administrator assists in HR functions, managing employee files, and monitoring attendance records. This person also holds responsibilities in the complaint investigation process, serving as an additional liaison to passengers, clients, and community members. This person may be asked to represent MV in community meetings, coordinate events with local charities, and/or organize volunteer efforts from the local operation.
This position reports to the General Manager.
- Effectively manage on-time performance and driver availability.
- Effectively manage all call center functions.
- Effectively manage customer relations through both direct contact and outreach programs.
- Identify, select, train and mentor location staff.
- Effectively and frequently communicate with location staff and support team members.
- Assist in overseeing safety and training programs, plans and processes to ensure compliance with company, contract and regulatory requirements.
- Contributes to maintain the safety culture of the division.
- Maintain client contact routinely to meet or exceed expectations.
- Assist with conducting periodic departmental audits.
- Daily, weekly and monthly review of key operational metrics.
- Implement, promote and adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Participates in location labor and employee relations activities.
- Must have one (1) to three (3) years of management experience in a similar sized paratransit environment.
- The ideal candidate would have experience in scheduling and personnel management and training.
- Must be able to work independently and have strong written and verbal skills.
- Knowledge of the contractual obligations is a must to perform this job correctly.
- Knowledge of company policy assures that the field operator is using consistent measures to assess a drivers' activity.
- Trapeze experience preferred.
- Experience managing fast paced environment.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.