- Lead and manage the assigned business unit to meet customer Quality and On-Time-Delivery requirements, while controlling cost, and maintaining a safe working environment.
- Champion BES (Continuous Improvement) initiatives to increase overall manufacturing efficiencies at the lowest cost possible.
- Develop and maintain an effective manufacturing organization through selection, training/ development, and motivation of the workforce.
- Provide leadership and direction to the workforce in a manufacturing environment.
- Establishes production priorities and schedules consistent with unit goals. Responsible for maintaining cost budgets within area of responsibilities.
- Train, motivate, and create a continuous improvement environment where all employees are involved in Kaizen / 6S activities, and actively contributing improvement suggestions.
- Responsible for departmental problem solving and troubleshooting on a day-to-day basis.
- Work with supply chain to meet quality and delivery requirements for the end customer.
- Manages production planning support staff members and production team.
- Participates in Human Resources activities including hiring, layoffs, disciplinary actions, and complaint resolution.
- Prepare equipment specifications consistent with quality, quantity, delivery, and service levels required for the product line. Responsible for proper maintenance of equipment and work area for an efficient, safe, and healthy environment.
- Responsible to develop and deploy a capital plan that meets the growth requirements of the business strategy that you help to develop.
- Establish measurements for all functions, monitor compliance and provide feedback to department personnel to improve performance.
- 5 + years of related operations or manufacturing experience in a supervisory position; experience in a unionized environment is preferred
- Demonstrated success leading and implementing change in a manufacturing environment. Ability to sustain a positive work environment.
- Understand the technical nature of the products being manufactured and help as required.
- Excellent leadership, communication and team skills required and ability to communicate change(s) effectively.
- Has the ability to influence, build commitment and overcome resistance.
- Acts with integrity and the highest ethical behavior.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) and experience with production software (AS400, SAP)
- B.S. Degree in engineering, business management, or related discipline. MS or MBA is desirable
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)