Do you have knowledge and experience with agricultural operations? Are you proficient in all Microsoft Office applications with a strong ability in Excel? Can you work productively with minimal supervision? Do you possess excellent written and oral communication skills with an ability to lead and influence? If you said yes to all these questions, we want to hear from YOU!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
The Operations Specialist / Inside Sales Representative is a support role who assists the Location Operations Manager in managing the PPP business and fertilizer processes of the branch. This role will also assist with sales and support.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications; Excel in particular
- Proficient with computers utilizing Microsoft Windows, Windows applications and ERP order entry systems
- JD Edwards practice and process training will be provided
- Knowledge and/or experience with agricultural operations preferred
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Willing and desires to work overtime hours during busy seasons
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Willingness to operate material handling equipment including forklift and pallet jacks
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management skills with the ability to set priorities
- Ability to remain detail-oriented with a wide range of responsibilities
- Good interpersonal and team-building skills with a positive attitude and ability to establish relationships with branch personnel, peers and customers
- Present a professional image through personal appearance
- Agriculture Pesticide Certifications as required by the state
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Assist the Location Operations Manager in the operation of all procedures and processes to manage the PPP business and fertilizer processes and provide accurate information and tracking of sales
- Oversee all aspects of inside office sales and support
- Respond to customer sales inquiries in a timely, accurate and appropriate manner
- Handles customer service for walk in and phone orders
- Follow up and resolve customer requests
- Meet and exceed inside sales objectives as determined by Location Operations Manager
- Provide support to other team members necessary to attain branch goal
- Maintain active involvement with customers to ensure overall satisfaction
- Assist in inventory control
- Promote safety throughout the branch
- Present a professional image to our customer through personal appearance and overall branch cleanliness
- Attend product training sessions and meetings when necessary
- All other duties as assigned
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive annual salary (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, Employee Assistance Program, vacation, sick time, life insurance, + more); Pension Plan, 401k match up to 3%
- Drug-Free Workplace
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed, and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.','EqualOpportunityEmployerDescription':'Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities',
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)