SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
As the Operations Support Specialist, you will have a profound understanding of the internal processes and systems used for the Knowledge Business Unit. This includes identifying improvement opportunities and inform management. Will be responsible to oversee specific systems and assist others with using those systems.
- Assist users with usage and troubleshooting of various applications and systems
- Assist users with the transition with new applications.
- Collaborate with SGS global team for implementation of new applications.
- Assist users with the creation of proposals.
- Be the liaison between the local office and the Helpdesk.
- Management and entry of clients on New Client Spreadsheet.
- Provide access to systems for new hires or existing users.
- Procurement of office/IT supplies for office and remote users.
- Assist with training of new users on company programs/systems.
- Building Operations KPI Dashboard in Power BI.
- Reconciliation of audit activities within various systems.
- Create reports and data models for management.
- Data Entry
- Adheres to internal standards, policies, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree AND
- Minimum 2 years of experience working as helpdesk support or IT department OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science
- 4 years of experience in IT department
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.