Barnes Aerospace Lansing division has an exciting opportunity for a Chem Operator C. The right candidate will have effective experience with hand tools in a manufacturing environment. If you are a high-energy, motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, you are encouraged to submit your resume for further consideration.
- Calculate etch rate of acid etch baths using overhead cranes, test coupons, weight scale, and micrometer to determine the etchant effectiveness and etch times.
- Verifying and maintaining the PH levels of the process effluents using the PH monitoring system, chemicals as specified and checklist to ensure air and liquid wastes meet city, federal, OSHA, and 150 14001 requirements.
- Process product through various alkaline and acid baths using overhead cranes, product racking systems, and various chemicals to remove contaminates and apply coatings as required per customer and industry specifications, and to prevent damage to the product or equipment.
- Add water/chemicals to process solutions or dilute solutions as directed to maintain solutions within specification limits using necessary PPE, chemical storage and transportation equipment and pumps
- Transport and store chemicals in authorized locations using chemical transportation equipment to prevent accidental spills and potential chemical reactions and maintain compliance to local, federal and industry requirements.
- Records required quality records in relation to the process controls to provide objective evidence of product processing and system controls, ensuring local, federal and industry requirements have been met.
- Learn and adhere to required safety standards and procedures.
- Locate, read and understand process procedures and instructions.
- Knowledge and use of necessary PPE and safe handling procedures when dealing with corrosive chemicals.
- Understand and utilize MSDS sheets.
- Knowledge and ability to use key measuring and product handling equipment.
- Ability to use PPE – respirator, face shield, chemical resistant suit or apron, chemical resistant gloves, personnel wash stations, weight scale, micrometer, temperature monitoring devices, cranes, chemical transfer pumps, product racking, barrel dolly, forklift.
- Basic computer program understanding.
- Interact and communicate in a professional and effective manner with all levels employees.
- Schedule and organize time and tasks effectively
- Ability to work in a challenging and schedule driven environment
- Strong organizational skills.
- A minimum of one to two years manufacturing experience preferred.