Barnes Aerospace Lansing division has an exciting opportunity for a Hot Form Operator C in our hot form department. If you are a self-motivated, career-minded individual with a solid materials background and with the skills to lead improvement, please submit your resume for further consideration.
- Preps and loads dies into hot form furnaces according to specified procedures
- Adjusts and monitors furnace temperature
- Prepares material sheets and places them into hot form furnaces locating them properly
- Monitors temperature, tonnage, pressure and time according to job specifications
- Removes parts from furnace and inspects for flaws, imperfections and dimensions using measuring instruments, templates, overlays, gauges, visual inspection or other methods
- Operates multiple hot form furnaces simultaneously
- Cleans dies during the run to remove pits, dirt, etc.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks effectively
- Must be able to read , understand and follow written work instructions and blue prints
- Must be proficient at using precision measuring tools such as micrometers and dial indicators
- A minimum of one to two years manufacturing experience preferred.