*W2 Candidates Only*
•*Local Candidates Only**
•**In-person interview required***
Oracle Database Administrator - Sacramento, CA
The Database Administrator is responsible for SQL, Oracle database, and Informatica administration and is the keeper of our client's production database environments. This position performs database administration (including backup, user, security, and upgrade management), Informatica administration (including user and upgrade management) and reviews/promotes all database design and programming into production. The Database Administrator serves as backup for the Senior Data Warehouse Developer as needed.
- Administer SQL and Oracle databases. Manage database users, security, upgrades, etc.
- Perform analysis to optimize databases.
- Perform upgrades, patches and hotfixes as necessary.
- Keep abreast of external/regulatory requirements, industry best practices, new techniques and technologies.
- Promote information technology skill and knowledge to increase business partner independence.
- Take ownership of problems and assignments and complete assigned projects within targeted timeframes.
- Estimate realistic time for performing development and enhancements to the WHA Data Warehouse.
- Create appropriate documentation for all new and/or changed procedures and instructions.
- Keep Manager/team members/business partners informed of project/task status as needed.
- Participate in meetings. Communicate effectively and share ideas in a productive and cooperative manner.
- Provide on-call support and project management as needed.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline.
- 5 years' experience working with Oracle DBA, Oracle PL/SQL, and Informatica.
- Extensive knowledge of Oracle database administration.
- Knowledge of Informatica administration and programming and Oracle PL/SQL programming.
- Previous experience working in the health care industry, specifically HMO, is a plus.
- Demonstrated use of intermediate computer operations (basic programming in 3rd/4th generation languages, relational databases, and operating systems) and intermediate software packages, (word, spreadsheet, etc.).
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.