The Oracle Applications Analyst II is responsible for implementing, performing analysis, modification, and daily functional support of the Oracle Cloud ERP (AP, AR, PO, FA & GL) and other non-Oracle applications under minimal supervision. This position will work closely with Information Technology and Business personnel to understand business requirements and ensure that developed and purchased applications properly function to meet business needs across the organization. The Oracle Applications Analyst II will consult with members of the business community at all levels to identify current operation procedures, clarify program objectives, interpret and evaluate business requirements and design and execute test scripts and test scenarios in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
- Support the implementation of the Financials Modules such as Procurement, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets and General Ledger
- Identify business requirements and map them to the Oracle Cloud functionality
- Identify functionality gaps and support the development of solutions
- Collect and analyze the project's business requirements and transferring the knowledge to the development team
- Participate in or lead efforts to determine user requirements, design and test system solutions
- Prepare accurate and detailed requirement specification documents and functional specification documents
- Configure the Oracle Cloud Financials Module to meet company requirements
- Create and maintain existing documentation (configuration, functional specs for reporting and integration)
- Document new business processes, capabilities and functional requirements.
- Consult and participate in Cloud upgrade releases and new projects involving strategy, implementation and support.
- Provide assistance in key system processes (i.e. process of month-end, quarter-end and year-end close processes) as needed.
- Assist with functional testing of monthly, quarterly and emergency patches
- Coordinating with the groups of business users who test, validate and evaluate new applications and functions to determine issues in services and software
- Participate in or lead cross-functional business and system process improvement teams
- Function as a team member or leader on specified projects
- Lead business requirement gathering activities of moderate to high complexity and medium to large size to support team assignments and objectives
- Ability to think logically, critically, and constructively about complex problems, clearly communicate findings of analysis, and propose solutions that address expressed needs
- Understand and follow business process methodology including gather business requirements, process flows, use case scenarios and following standards, procedures and guidelines
- Responsible for effective communication through progress reports, user documentation and formal presentations to teams and management
- Mentorship of less experienced members of Financial Systems Team
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or IT or commensurate experience
- Must have experience with Cloud ERP modules (Accounts Payable, Procurement, Accounts Receivable, and GL)
- Experience with Fusion FBDI templates and related processes to load/stage data
- Strong expertise with Fusion’s database and related technologies; Good understanding of Fusion’s schema, subject areas and expertise with reporting tools such as BI Publisher and OTBI; must be comfortable developing and supporting SQL queries and related reports
- Thorough understanding of software development life cycle and best practices; collaborates with management to optimize processes and practices
- Problem-solver with the ability to translate qualitative and quantitative information into actionable recommendations.
- Analytical mindset, great at problem-solving, with the ability to create consensus from diverse perspectives.
- Previous experience with requirements gathering, analysis, application design and testing
- 3-5 years of experience with Oracle or similar enterprise class ERP system
- Strong communication (oral and written), interpersonal, teamwork skills, relationship building, collaboration and influencing skills with the ability to work well across various levels of the organization.
- Previous business experience supporting end users
- Ability to work without close supervision
- Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information
- Ability to make effective decisions under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, optimize and document complex business processes
- Self-starter, self-directed, results-oriented, with strong sense of urgency
- Strong collaboration and team player skills with the ability to partner well with users, internal and external/vendor partners and management
- Demonstrated ability to balance functional solutions with practical business needs, thinking short and long term while recognizing broad system impact
- Experience with Oracle Finance Cloud Applications
- Functional business experience in a user capacity
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.