Our team in Hunt Valley, MD is seeking an experienced Oracle Financial Cloud Analyst to help implement, analyze, modify and provide daily functional support to Sinclair's ERP application - specifically the application's financial module (Oracle Cloud Financials). As an Oracle Financial Cloud Analyst, on a daily basis, you will operate within the Oracle Cloud platform while working with business objects like AP, AR, PO, FA & GL. You'll also work within applications, outside of the Oracle Cloud platform, regularly. This position will work closely with Information Technology department and Business personnel to help understand, define & communicate business requirements to ensure developed and purchased applications properly function to meet business needs across the organization. As an Oracle Financial Cloud Application Analyst you will consult with members of the business community at all levels to identify current operation procedures, clarify program objectives, interpret and evaluate business requirements. You will design & execute test scripts & scenarios in a fast-paced & team-oriented environment.
While no day will be exactly the same, typically, you’ll get to do the following each day:
- Support the implementation of the Financials Modules such as General Ledger, Procurement, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets and Cash Management
- Identify business requirements and map them to the Oracle Cloud functionality
- Identify functionality gaps and support the development of solutions
- Collect and analyze the project's business requirements and transfer the knowledge to the development team
- Support the collection of, and lead initiatives to, identify user requirements, design, test, and deliver system solutions
- Prepare accurate and detailed requirement specification documents and functional specification documents
- Configure, maintain & enhance Oracle Cloud Financials Module to meet business requirements
- Create & maintain documentation (configuration, functional specs for reporting and integration)
- Document new business processes, capabilities and functional requirements
- Consult and participate in Cloud quarterly releases and new projects involving strategy, implementation and support.
- Provide assistance in key system processes (i.e. process of month-end, quarter-end and year-end close processes) as needed.
- Assist with functional maintenance testing of monthly, quarterly updates, and emergency patches
- Coordinate with business users for testing related to quarterly module upgrades, resolution of incidents, evaluation defects, and validation of new functionality and/or delivered application enhancements
- Ancitipate the needs of the business via indentification of system deficiencies & opportunities for system/process improvement
- Contribute as a teammember
- Lead business requirement gathering activities of moderate to high complexity and medium to large size to support team assignments and objectives
- Responsible for effective communication via progress reports, user documentation and formal presentations to teams and executive-level management
- Mentor peers and teammembers
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or IT
- Must have experience with Cloud ERP modules (Accounts Payable, Procurement, Accounts Receivable, GL and Cash Management)
- Experience with Fusion FBDI templates and related processes to load/stage data
- Demonstrated expertise with Fusion’s database and related technologies; Good understanding of Fusion’s schema, subject areas and expertise with reporting tools such as BI Publisher and OTBI; must be comfortable developing and supporting SQL queries and related reports
- Applied career experience with requirements gathering, analysis, application design and testing
- 3-5 years of experience with Oracle or similar enterprise class ERP system
- Previous business experience supporting end-users
- Ability to think logically, critically, and constructively about complex problems, clearly communicate findings of analyses, and propose solutions that address expressed needs
- Exceptional communication skills are a must (oral and written)
- Adept listener with the ability to ask questions to gain clarification & anticipate the understanding of end-users across the business (from department to department)
- Analytically minded, great at problem-solving, with the ability to create consensus from diverse perspectives.
- Self-starter, self-directed, results-oriented, with strong sense of urgency
- Collaborative team player with a drive to develop & maintain partnership with end-users - including internal and external/vendor partners and management
- Ability to make effective decisions under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, optimize and document complex business processes
- Demonstrated ability to balance functional solutions with practical business needs, thinking short and long term while recognizing broad system impact
- Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information
- Thorough understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC) and best practices; collaborates with management to optimize processes and practices
- Problem-solver with the ability to translate qualitative and quantitative information into actionable recommendations
- Understand and follow business process methodology including gather business requirements, process flows, use case scenarios and following standards, procedures and guidelines
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: 100% company-paid life and disability, 401K match, employee stock plan, education reimbursement, and the ability to design your own comprehensive benefit package to suit you and your family’s every need. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.