About the Organization
Tower Health is a strong, regional, integrated healthcare provider/payer system that offers leading-edge, compassionate healthcare and wellness services to a population of 2.5 million people. Together, our seven hospitals and other entities provide a full range of medical care from prevention, screenings & education; to the latest clinical services and surgeries available; to rehabilitation. We also offer wellness programs & public health services that ensure our communities are the healthiest they can be. Our caring, highly trained physicians and staff are committed to patient safety and patient satisfaction.
With more than 11,000 team members, Tower Health includes Reading Hospital, a teaching hospital based in West Reading; Brandywine Hospital in Coatesville; Chestnut Hill Hospital, a teaching hospital in Philadelphia; Jennersville Hospital in West Grove; Phoenixville Hospital in Phoenixville; Pottstown Hospital in Pottstown; and St. Christopher's Hospital for Children. We also operate Reading Hospital Rehabilitation at Wyomissing & Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences, & we have a comprehensive physician network.
Collaboration across Tower Health enables our hospitals, providers, leadership & staff to leverage best practices across the health system. Our hospitals have received national recognition for advanced care in areas such as neurosurgery and stroke, cardiac & vascular surgery, trauma, hematology & oncology. Reading HealthPlex, which opened at Reading Hospital in October 2016, combines state-of-the-art technology and world-class design to make the HealthPlex one of the most sophisticated surgical centers & inpatient facilities in the region.
At Tower Health, we have a rich history of providing high-quality, cost-effective care in the communities we serve. As the healthcare industry continues to change, one thing remains steadfast: Tower Health’s commitment to Advancing Health, Transforming Lives.
- Daily interaction with patients, families, guardians and coworkers to assist with patient care in a pediatric multi-specialty setting.
- Accurately takes and records vital signs, blood pressure, heights/lengths, weights, head circumferences and abdominal girths.
- Performs EKG'S and spirometry.
- Provides nebulizer treatments.
- Performs and records glucose monitoring, hemoglobin A1C monitoring.
- Provides assistant to casting technicians.
- Provides side by side assistance to general and plastic surgeons during in office procedures.
- Processes and follows up on lab and specimen orders.
- Secures insurance referrals, enters referrals in Nextgen, attach referral to appointment for applicable services.
- Assists physicians, RN, Director of operations and practice coordinator/manager with daily function of department.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Graduate from accredited medical assistant program
- Medical assistant certification (CMA) Experience
- Two (2) or three (3) years of experience working in a medical office
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred