We are Stewart & Stevenson. Our unique line-up of products and services means that you’ll get exposure to a broad range of industries including oil & gas, power generation, construction, transportation, marine, mining and agriculture. With more than 1300 employees in 64 locations in the U.S. and abroad, our small, customer-focused teams share a common commitment to the quality and value of service.
Responsible for effectively selling mechanical equipment, machinery, materials, and supplies, such as engines or related equipment and parts, construction machinery, material-handling equipment and industrial machinery, in an assigned territory to achieve maximum sales profitability and growth.
* Generate new customer accounts as well as service and maintain existing accounts. Analyze customer needs and interests and determine how company products and services can best meet their needs.
* Recommend and sell industrial, construction, and oil field machinery, equipment, materials, supplies, and services utilizing knowledge of machine operations.
* Achieve sales goals and forecasts, as established by the department and the organization.
* Assist in marketing and sale of new products and/or prototypes to the existing marketplace.
* Review completed jobs for variations in component costing.
* Interface with other departments, including engineering, manufacturing, production and purchasing, to oversee project development and ensure timely delivery of finished products.
* Monitors sales orders to ensure project costs, materials lists and delivery schedules meets project specifications and deadlines.
* Compute installation or production costs, and prepare and submit bid specifications to existing and potential customers for review. Negotiate proposals and sales and service contracts with customers.
* Establish, maintain and develop business, social and networking relationships with individuals within the petroleum industry in order to generate and maintain a positive business image for the organization within the industry.
* Plan and organize sales strategy.
* Expedite the resolution of customer problems, issues or complaints.
* Ensure strong, effective market share of the products and services by providing direction and information on the products and related services.
* Appraise equipment and verifies customer credit rating to establish trade-in value and contract terms.
* Attend sales and trade meetings and reads related publications to obtain current market condition information, business trends, and industry developments.
* Demonstrate and explain use of installed equipment and production processes.
* Arrange for installation and test-operation of machinery and recommend solutions to product-related problems.
* Evaluate sales performance results.
* Provide management oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, market situation, competitive activities, and potential for new products/services.
* Conduct all business transactions in an ethical manner.