SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
As the Over The Air Test Engineer, you will perform RF Over the Air Antenna testing on mobile products.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform RF Over the Air Antenna testing on mobile products with technologies such as CDMA, GSM, UMTS, LTE, Wi-Fi to ensure delivery of testing services that meet client’s requirements in accordance with Global wireless Forums’ test plans and SGS quality system.
- Conduct testing in accordance with established procedures
- 2nd, 3rd shift work, weekend or holiday work required on a per-project basis as needed.
- Complete all assigned chargeable work within the required timeframes to ensure customer and project staff satisfaction.
- Maintaining operation knowledge by learning the requirements of the test plans being asked to execute.
- Ensure completion of all assigned work and relevant documentation in accordance with required procedures and standards to fulfill SGS quality requirements.
- Actively improving the testing service provided by SGS.
- Maintain the laboratory and personal areas to facilitate efficient operations
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in electronic engineering or radio engineering in university
- Less than 2 years experience
- A good understanding of RF and antenna theory required
- Antenna design or test experience preferred
- Experience of OTA or RF testing is a plus
- A broad level of CDMA/GSM/WCDMA/LTE/mobile wireless knowledge in one or more areas preferred.
- This position requires the ability to lift/carry test equipment up to 35 lbs. on occasion
- Attention to details
- Able to work effectively as a team member.
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines. .
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a callback. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.