As part of the West Digital Communication department, the GlobeNewswire distribution network is one of the world’s largest, giving companies global reach and the ability to target their messages to the audiences that matter most. We are currently seeking an Content Editor
to join our fast-paced, growing team where no day is the same in El Segundo
The editor plays a key role in help drive clients’ Press Release distribution services. Content editors review and convert (format) clients’ press releases under time sensitive deadlines and distribute them via our global network to journalists, terminals and websites. This role involves high concentration in proofreading and customer service. This role does not offer original writing skills. Our clients rely on content editors to ensure their press releases are edited and converted correctly, and quickly, all the while providing superior customer service.
Day to day responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review press releases for grammatical and spelling inconsistencies and errors. This does not involve fact checking. No original writing is required.
- Format press release to match the clients' original version as closely as possible
- Communicate with clients via phone and email
- Collaborate with teammates to ensure all press releases and emails are handled in a timely manner
- Assist clients with regulatory needs, such as SEDAR and EDGAR filings
- Assist clients with account maintenance, such as managing email lists, adding new users and accounts, and managing multimedia libraries
- Develop knowledge and aid in the support of other West Digital Media Solutions offerings
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Marketing or a related field
- 1 - 2 years of professional experience required
- Prior customer or client facing experience in a fast-paced environment required
- Previous newswire experience highly desired
West is connecting people and ideas. We are delivering on their potential. We are improving the way we work and live.
- Strong collaboration skills
- Ability to work over time during peak volumes required
- Ability to work occasional holidays and weekends required
- Ability to work a non-traditional shift, 9:00 PM PST - 5:30 AM PST (Sunday - Thursday)
- Self-confidence, enthusiasm and a positive, can-do attitude
- Strong time management and prioritization skills with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to maintain focus and composure during stressful situations
- Ability to handle change in stride
At West, we are dedicated to delivering and improving upon new channels, new capabilities and new choices for how businesses and consumers collaborate, connect and transact. We develop technology-enabled communications that change the way we work and improve the way we live. We are a collective effort of enterprise and individuals, of communities and customers, of partnerships and families. We are the sum of our entire network – based on the four pillars of trust, innovation, collaboration, and execution and the hard work of people who share our vision. We are at the core of a technology and communications engine that is changing the world.
We Connect. We Deliver. We are WEST.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
This position will be posted for 7 days or until filled.