Facility: BO ROBINSON
Compensation Base: $8.85 per hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under direct supervisor, this intern position provides therapeutic program services to resident offenders and is assigned a specific caseload of resident offenders to monitor the services delivered to them while enrolled in the Family Service Program. These services may include didactic, psychoeducational, individual and group counseling, peer awareness activities, therapeutic encounters, crisis intervention, family therapy and recordkeeping and is conducting within the scope of local certification, licensure and credentialing authorities and in accordance with internal and external assurances and prohibitions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures compliance with standard internal and external and other accrediting agency contract policies and procedures.
- Under direct supervision, facilitates family program activities in accordance with the established clinical schedules. Activities may include process groups and therapeutic community (TC) meetings, weekly program curriculum lectures, Life Skills seminars, caseload groups and specialized groups focusing on the areas of Anger Management, Relapse Prevention, Job Readiness preparation and Parenting Skills.
- Conducts initial intake sessions with new inmates assigned to the Family Services Program and orientates them about program requirements, reviews the inmate’s criminal file and establishes a preliminary treatment plan.
- Under direct supervision, conducts individual and family counseling sessions which may include completing of a monthly progress reports, monthly treatment planning, goal-setting, crisis intervention, behavioral adjustment sessions, psychological referrals, and discharge planning. Provides recommendations and referral sites for continued treatment upon resident offender’s release
- Maintains clinical charts (electronic and hard copy versions) for assigned inmate caseload and ensures all documentation is completed in accordance with established deadlines and program policies.
- Participates in compilation of data and program reporting functions.
- Participates in staff meetings, seminars and workshops, as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.