Facility: Queens Private Correctional Facility
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pay Rate: $22.00/HR Plus Health & Welfare Benefit
This position is responsible for securely transporting detainees between destinations and ensuring that the vehicles used for transportation activities are safe and properly maintained.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts pre-trip, during-trip, and post-trip inspections of all vehicles operated. Provides written Daily Vehicle Inspection Reports (DVIR) at the end of each trip or shift and ensures that all potential safety defects are reported to the Transportation Supervisor.
- Ensures that all permits and licenses are in order before beginning a trip. Notifies the Transportation Manager if there are problems before initiating a trip.
- Ensures that vehicles have the necessary safety equipment before initiating a trip. Notifies the Transportation Manager if there are problems before initiating a trip.
- Completes all necessary paperwork and reports in an accurate and thorough manner. Ensures that all reports are turned into the facility according to described policies and procedures.
- Ensures that detainees are properly secured prior to leaving a facility and while in a vehicle. Ensures that all paperwork is obtained and completely accurately and thoroughly when obtaining detainees at a facility and delivering them to their appropriate destinations.
- Ensures that all safety measures are followed at all time while transporting detainees, including but not limited, to all application federal, state, municipal and organizational laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Immediately contacts safety authorizations and facility management in the event of an accident. Provides detailed information, both verbally and written, to requesting authorities.
- Delivers vehicles for servicing and picks them up when ready.
- Performs other duties as assigned.