Healing begins here...
Chestnut Hill Hospital is your community healthcare provider, a 148-bed facility with inpatient and outpatient, diagnostic and treatment services including minimally invasive laparoscopic and robotic-assisted surgery, cardiology, gynecology, oncology, and orthopedics, primary care practices, two Women's Centers and an off-site physical therapy center. We're 300 physicians and healthcare professionals strong. We are a university-affiliated teaching hospital dedicated to innovation and excellence. We work hard to be a place of healing, caring and connection for patients and families in the community we call home.
We believe in the power of people to create great care!
The Patient Care Assistant will perform the following:
- Assists nursing service personnel with a variety of patient care activities and related services necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients.
- Assists with personal hygiene, takes vital signs and changes bed linens.
- May serve and collect food trays, provide for between-meal nourishment, and clean, sterilize, store and prepare other supplies.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works under immediate supervision.
- Typically reports to a registered nurse or supervisor.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- At least 1 year of previous working experience as a Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant, or similar.
- Nursing Students highly preferred