Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Compiles payroll data to complete payroll cycles and maintain payroll records.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Compiles payroll data such as hours worked, time tracking, taxes, insurance, and garnishments to be withheld, and employee identification number, from time sheets and other records.
- Prepares computer input forms, enters data into computer files, or computes wages and deductions and posts to payroll records.
- Reviews wages computed and corrects errors to ensure accuracy of payroll.
- Records changes affecting net wages such as exemptions, insurance coverage, and loan payments for each employee to update master payroll records.
- Records data concerning transfer of employees between departments.
- Prorates expenses to be debited or credited to each department for cost accounting records.
- Prepares periodic reports of earnings, taxes, and deductions.
- Keeps records of leave pay and nontaxable wages.
- Prepares and issues paychecks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.