Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position provides professional and technical support for all payroll tax activities to ensure the timely and accurate remittance and reporting of US federal, state, and local taxes in accordance with governmental regulations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares all periodic, quarterly and annual U.S. payroll tax reconciliation and remittance in an outsourced tax provider environment.
- Investigates and responds to tax authority notices and correspondence in a timely manner.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local legal requirements.
- Remains current on new legislation and regulatory rulings impacting payroll.
- Manages state unemployment rates and ensures rates are updated timely in the payroll system.
- Develops and documents tax audits and balancing procedures.
- Serves as a backup to Sr. Manager, Payroll Tax as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.