The job of the PC Tech was established for the purpose/s providing base-level technical support; Overseeing and maintaining day to day repair and setup of company computers for multiple locations; assist users with PC related problems and assist Systems Admin. And Network Manager with network tasks as directed.
- Trouble shoot and repair company PC and IT related equipment.
- Support Users and equipment at multiple locations in the US.
- Responds to inquiries from a variety of sources and users and provides first level technical assistance and support.
- Maintains company standards on security and hardware installation.
- Ensures the PC and printers perform in an optimal manner that exceeds business requirements, performance, security, and other key department requirements.
- Perform routine equipment maintenance to ensure proper operation.
- Troubleshoots and resolves system issues in a 24/7 environment.
- Prepares documentation of computer and printer changes and assures inventory is accurately recorded.
- Responds to emergencies as needed to resolve immediate concerns.
- Assists in performing network and server support as requested by the Systems Admin and Network Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- Must have a Bachelor' s degree within IT or Computer Science or at least 2 years of IT support experience in lieu of degree
- A+ certification desired; Microsoft MCSE or equivalent desired
- The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: significant lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity.
- Generally, the job requires 80% sitting, 10% walking, and 10% standing. The job is performed in a generally hazard free environment.
- Requires travel to other sites for completion of job duties at approximately 50% of the time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.