Tower Health is an innovative, leading health system dedicated to advancing the health and transforming the lives of the people we serve through compassionate, accessible, high quality, cost-effective healthcare. Together, our seven hospitals and other entities provide a full range of medical care from prevention, screening and education; to the latest clinical services and surgeries available; to rehabilitation. We also offer wellness programs and public health services that ensure our communities are the healthiest they can be.
Across our system, you'll find many opportunities to build an outstanding career. With more than 14,000 team members, Tower Health offers 25 urgent care facilities and a connected network of 3,200 physicians, specialists, and providers across more than 230 convenient locations.
Tower Health Urgent Care is the largest provider of urgent care services in the greater Philadelphia area, with locations across Chester, Montgomery, Bucks and Berks Counties, as well as one in Delaware. Each of our Urgent Care facilities is open 365 days a year and offers patients access to advanced, comprehensive care from 9 a.m. to 9.pm. Each location also offers on-site access to lab and imaging studies.
- Orthopedic and Sports Injuries
- Medical illness
- Urgent Care
- Occupational Health
- Physical Exams
The Urgent Care Physician p rovides primary and episodic care to patients following accepted standards and protocols. Works with clinical team to maintain patient flow and deliver maximum quality care to patients.
- Perform complete physical exams, assessments, and diagnoses of patients of all ages, including urgent, emergent and non-urgent presentation.
- Select, order, perform and interpret tests, analyses and diagnostic images to provide information on patient condition and augment physical findings.
- Analyze reports and findings of tests to diagnose patients.
- Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication, vaccination and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness and injury.
- Perform procedures including (but not limited to) laceration repair, abscess I&D, orthopedic procedures and provide referrals to medical/surgical specialists.
- Perform and interpret EKGs.
- Explain procedures and discuss test results and prescribed treatments with patients/parents.
- Notate findings and treatment course in patient chart including follow-up notes. Use EHR appropriately.
- Follow infection control protocols, including proper hand washing techniques.
- Train new providers (physician, PA and NP) in Urgent Care medicine.
- Review charts of mid-level providers and sign or co-sign those supervised, or assigned.
- Other jobs and duties as assigned
Contact Name: Ken Nichols
Contact Email: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Contact Phone: 484-332-7500 Call or Text
Requirements and Qualifications
- Doctorate in Medicine (M.D. or D.O.)
- Valid license to practice; board certified
- Experience practicing medicine in hospital or private practice
- Adept at diagnosing problems and creating treatment plans for patients
- Highly computer literate and familiar with charting
- Excels in communicating sensitive and/or adverse information
- Sound judgment and expert decision-making abilities
- Analytical thinker and complex problem-solver