DLO Duties Responsibilities:
Main Duties: Perform routine and complex blood bank testing according to Blood Bank SOP
- organize work-flow to accomplish efficient and accurate reports in a timely manner
- Problem-solve to achieve acceptable test results by following standard operating procedures
- Must be a team player and collaborate with other technologists, supervisors, and hospital staff.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Perform QC/QA duties in Blood Bank as required by the Blood Bank SOPs
- Perform quality control on Blood Bank equipment as outlined in SOPs and the Blood Bank QC calendar.
(Daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually, and as needed)
- Monitor reagent inventory, ensure reagent QC is performed and acceptable as needed, daily, and prior to release of reagents for testing use
Required Knowledge: Must have thorough knowledge of Blood Bank theory and processes that are carried out in a busy Transfusion Service Department. Must have the ability to use various computer systems.
Required Experience: 3-5 years Blood Bank/Transfusion Service experience performing routine and complex testing within a hospital setting preferred.
Special Requirements: MT(ASCP)/CLT(ASCP) or CLS(ASCP)/MLT(ASCP) required. Must be able to maintain a professional attitude under
heavy workload and in stressful situations. Must be able to perform testing and other Blood Bank responsibilities as well as various QC/QA duties under heavy workload and in stressful situations.