DLO Duties and Requirements:
Perform routine and complex blood bank testing according to Blood Bank SOPS:
- Organize workflow to accomplish efficient and accurate reports in a timely manner
- Problem Solve to achieve acceptable test results by following standard operating procedures
- must be at team player and collaborate with other technologists, supervisors, and hospital staff
- Must be able to work independently
- Perform QC/QA duties in Blood Bank as required by the Blood Banks SOPS
- Perform quality control on Blood Bank equipment as outlines in SOPs and the Blood Bank QC calendar. (Daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually, and as needed.)
- Monitor reagent inventory, ensure reagent QC is performed and acceptable as needed, daily and prior to release of reagents for testing use.
The purpose of DLO, and this individual job classification, is to execute individual tasks and perform multiple processes to enable DLO to provide laboratory answers to medical questions.
To accomplish the above purpose, the duties/job functions are as follows:
- Show up for work, on time and prepared to perform all tasks and processes, each and every scheduled workday and to remain performing those duties throughout the entire assigned work schedule for that day.
- Perform all tasks and processes assigned by your immediate supervisor including all tasks and processes you are fully qualified to perform and all tasks and processes assigned that you may be over-qualified to perform.
- Perform the previous two job duties/functions as a collaborative member of your work team and with a personal disposition that is positive and supportive of your fellow team members.
Required Knowledge: Must have thorough knowledge of Blood Bank theory and processes that are carried out in a busy Transfusion Service Department. Must have the ability to use various computer systems.
Required Experience: 3-5 years Blood Bank/Transfusion Service experience performing routine and complex testing within a hospital setting preferred.
Special Requirement: MT(ASCP)/CLT(ASCP) or CLS(ASCP)/MLT(ASCP) required
Must be able to maintain a professional attitude under heavy workload and in stressful situations
Must be able to perform testing and other Blood Bank responsibilities as well as various QC/QA duties under heavy workload and in stressful situations.