PSC Registration Clerk- Tonawanda, New York - 06:30 AM - 4:30 PM
PSC Registration Clerks are responsible for all PSC (Patient Service Center) registration duties.
1) Greet customers appropriately. Treat all customers in a courteous manner.
2) Ensure that patients and others who enter in the waiting room remain socially distanced and wear masks while in the facility.
3) Provide options to patients who enter during times when the waiting room is at capacity. Facilitate discussion on available choices, including texting the patient while they wait in their car, or wait outside the building. .
4) Assist the Patient Services Representatives in managing patient flow.
5) Provide information to patients on potential wait times.
6) Engage in positive interaction with the patients; responding to questions, expressing appreciation for their patience, etc.
7) Maintain composure with patients who may become frustrated or anxious.
8) Sanitize chairs, kiosks, and door handles in the waiting room.
9) May be asked to take temperatures.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
One-year prior customer service experience required Medical Terminology preferred.
Keyboard/data entry and PC experience mandatory.
1. Must be flexible and available based on staffing requirements; weekends, holidays, and overtime.
2. Must have strong communication skills. Able to speak the English language clearly and effectively communicate to customers and peer group.
3. Demonstrates good organization, communication, and interpersonal skills.
4. Capable of handling multiple priorities in a high volume setting.
5. Must be able to make decisions based on established procedures and exercise consistent, independent, sound judgment.
2. Prolong standing/sitting
3. Fine dexterity with hands/steadiness.
4. Able to lift up to 25 pounds; carrying up to 15 pounds for several minutes at a time.
6. Vision-requires constant mental visual attention to details.