WSTM/CW6/WTVH is looking for a creative part time News Photographer/Editor! We are seeking someone who can see beyond the lens and bring back compelling stories. The candidate should have experience with non-linear editing and be able to work non-traditional hours. The ideal candidate possesses excellent people skills, a strong work ethic and a great attitude. We are looking for an aggressive team-player who can produce good stories under tight deadlines.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Editing video for daily news coverage, special projects, and sweep period pieces
- Taking in news feeds from news bureaus and various news organizations
- Collaborating with anchors, reporters, and producers on video elements of newscasts
- Meeting daily deadlines in a high-energy working environment
- College degree or minimum one (1) year relative experience in the field
- Knowledge of Avid Media Composer editing technology and Sony ENG Cameras a definite plus
- Ability to work with a multitude of people and personalities while maintaining a professional work environment
- Must have valid driver’s license, good driving record and be able to operate ENG news vehicles
- Ability to edit and shoot general assignment stories, lives shots and natural sound packages
- Must be able to lift and carry between 25 and 50 pounds on a regular basis
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!