The Pack Line Operator is charged with using the pack line to ensure that manufactured products and produce are safely packaged for distribution. The Pack Line Operator oversees the use of the volume fill and bulk pack line to rework product for all partners benefit. The Pack Line Operator is also responsible for quality control, safety, equipment cleaning/sanitizing, and volunteer training and project support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Volunteer Relations and Customer Service
Operate Pack Line Equipment
Sort and Quality Control Checks
Perform Administrative Work and Training
Provide excellent customer service to all customers including clients, staff, donors, logistics personnel, agency personnel, volunteers, board members, and the general public.
- Strong mechanical skills, troubleshooting capabilities, and knowledge of preventive maintenance
- Knowledge of packaging equipment
- Forklift operator certification is required
- Basic computer skills and ability to learn new software program.
- Excellent customer service
- Ability to work independently, as well as work well with others
- Must pass background check, as needed.
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality where necessary.
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and oral) and work well with a variety of stakeholders from different socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to adapt to quickly changing business environment including learning and applying new training and knowledge.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.