Hours: Hours: 6:00am- 3:30PM (hours will vary based on the needs of the business)
Work Week: Monday-Friday (Saturday work as needed)
- Bachelor of Science, in an engineering field (EE, ME, CE) or technical training coupled with equivalent work experience
- Working knowledge of processing packaging systems, machinery and controls, regulatory requirements
- Proven supervisory skills
- Ability to communicate in a clear and effective manner.
- Knowledge of electronic control systems including PLCs.
- Basic computer skills including use of MS Word and Outlook.
- Ten years of experience in a food production environment preferred
- Working knowledge of food processing systems, machinery and controls
- Knowledge of troubleshooting mechanical problems and performing repairs
- Knowledge of safety practices and procedures
- Ability to lift/handle up to 35lbs
- Ensures efficient utilization of department personnel.
- Assists in developing annual spending plan and manages spending in accordance with the approved plan.
- Ensures proper maintenance planning and implements plan to maximize plant assets.
- Utilize and coordinate outside services in accordance with spending plan to achieve goals.
- Documents and justifies needs, and specifies inventories of supplies and spare parts.
- Ensures departmental personnel are properly trained in packaging processes, equipment and procedures.
- Maintains technical knowledge as required for the equipment and packaging processes via manuals, manufacturers' training, and training schools.
- Coordinates with appropriate departments to ensure that packaging equipment is operating in a safe, sanitary and efficient manner.
- Work with Packaging Coordinator to optimize packaging equipment/materials interface.
- Develop a working environment which provides fair and equitable treatment of employees while applying established Human Resources practices and procedures.
- Responsible for the development and continued effective operation of Preventative Maintenance and Current Best Approach programs.
- Develops written policies and procedures to ensure the above goals are met.
- Provides safe work environment, supports and enforces the Plant Safety rules and policies.
If you're interested in this opening I'd love to hear from you [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.