Spec, Contracts/RFP- Lenexa, Kansas - Monday to Friday
The purpose of the Specialist, Contracts/RFPs role is to support he Commercial Operations organization through ownership of all deliverables required related to internal contract review and management process utilizing Salesforce CRM, DocuSign, and Microsoft Office. The Specialist, Contracts/RFPs will administer the RFPIO database bid request workflow, vet bid requests and respond to select RFPs, RFIs, RFQs and customer questionnaires. Additionally, the role will oversee and maintain the database of standard proposal language, create proposal drafts, and serve as a backup to the Commercial Operations lead for advanced Contract and RFP requests.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Intake all internal client contract review requests and evaluate each for necessary requirements needed based on documented, end-to-end, internal contract review process.
• Accurately route all internal client contract reviews for redlines as required by the documented process.
• Adhere to the required timelines for contract review, send to stakeholders for review and redlines, finalize contract documentation, and execute DocuSign workflow to fully execute the client contract.
• Track past and active client contracts within the Salesforce CRM and Microsoft Office and produce regular and ad-hoc reports e.g. contract start/end dates, pricing, SLAs, etc.
• Report key contract metrics including TAT, accuracy metrics and adherence to required processes; follow-up with internal stakeholders in support of contracts and reporting.
• Assist with contract process audits, quality improvement projects and help develop contracting and RFP process improvements.
• Triage requests for RFP/RFI/RFQ responses from Sales to ensure all information required to formulate a proposal is provided.
• Perform preliminary assessments of RFPs/RFIs/RFQs to ensure the company participates in only profitable, viable, and appropriate bidding opportunities.
• Respond to select RFPs, RFIs, RFQs and customer questionnaires by utilizing corporate-level data and obtaining appropriate feedback and approvals from legal and business leaders.
• Maintain web-based database of standard proposal response language, ensuring that all proposal language is reviewed and validated by SMEs, and in line with policies for external communication protocols at Quest Diagnostics.
• Adhere to standard processes defining response timelines and submission requirements for each assigned RFP, RFI, RFQ and customer questionnaire.
• Identify legal, business, and operational contract terms included in RFPs, RFIs, RFQs, and customer questionnaires and engages business leaders, as necessary.
• Prepare response template for each assigned RFP/RFQ based on the customer’s specific requirements and by utilizing standard proposal language.
• Perform quality control check on proposal drafts (i.e. editing, formatting)
• Assume primary responsibility for all tasks associated with print production of client-ready proposals.
• Key proposal accountabilities and metrics include assuring bid opportunities are properly reviewed and vetted; assuring all RFP/RFQ response templates are completed by the due date set by the customer; and are submitted on time.
• Identify potential bid opportunities by monitoring various government and private website tools.
• Support required business reporting through regular tracking and data input into systems like Salesforce and RFPIO.
• Serve as a backup to the Commercial Operations lead for advanced Contract and RFP requests as well as a backup to other Commercial Operations team members as needed.
• Some travel required.
Supervision Exercised: N/A
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
• 5 years professional business experience, with a demonstrated focus on contract reviews and proposals in coordination with and adherence to organizational process
• Corporate paralegal experience a plus
• Healthcare experience a major plus
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Familiarity with applications like Salesforce and DocuSign a plus
• Outstanding interpersonal and written communication skills.
• Strong decision-making skills required with the ability to:
o Collaborate with others to achieve organizational goals.
o Take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
o Anticipate and balance the needs of multiple stakeholders.
o Anticipate, embrace, and adopt innovations in digital and technology applications.
o Make sense of complex and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.