Combine two of the fastest - growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Preparing, processing and maintaining new member or group enrollments. Positions may load new member or group data into the enrollment database and update the database with changes. Positions may also respond to member eligibility or group questions and verify enrollment status. Positions may work with various types of member correspondence. Positions may also be responsible for reconciling eligibility discrepancies, analyzing transactional data and submitting retroactive eligibility changes. Positions may also be responsible for inventory control of member and group transactions. Employees in jobs labeled with SCA must support a government Service Contract Act (SCA) agreement.
- Assist patient / family in completing applications for government sponsored programs / Financial Assistance
- Assess patient’s eligibility for government sponsored programs / Financial Assistance
- Contact patient / family and conduct interviews for the purpose of assessing eligibility
- Verify patient’s information to complete applications
- Check patient's account for previous balances and advise patient of all financial obligations.
- Inform patient of collection policy
- Notify appropriate areas regarding eligibility status and determination
- Coordinate with various agencies and individuals to resolve individual cases
- Answer the telephone and maintain files
- Accumulate data for performance reports
- Inform Supervisor of activities, issues and problem cases
- Basic tasks are completed without review by others
- Supervision / guidance is required for higher level tasks
- Perform related duties as required
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ year of face - to - face customer service experience
- 1+ years of experience in an office setting environment using the telephone and computer as the primary instruments to perform job duties
- Available to work 22.5 hours per week, Monday through Friday, flexible to work during the hours of 8 AM to 8 PM
- Available to complete one month training - Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 4 PM
- Must be comfortable traveling 25% of the time for training and meetings, as well as coverage between Plainview and Syosset sites
- CAC certificate or the ability to obtain one through company provided training within 1 - 3 months from date of hire (CAC training is in NYC, additional Medicaid training in Brooklyn)
- 1+ years of Medicaid experience and / or health insurance plan experience
- 1+ years of financial experience in a medical setting
- Bilingual any other language
- Northwell experience and / or knowledge
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications: Microsoft Word (create correspondence and work within templates), Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar management), and Microsoft Excel (data entry, sort / filter, and work within tables)
- Comfortable working in a hospital environment and speaking with patients
- Possess compassion and empathy for the member/patient
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks with ease
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: enrollment, claims, medical claims, healthcare claims, insurance claims, insurance contracts, office, UnitedHealth Group, Optum, training class, customer service representative, customer service, CSR, Data Entry, Medicaid; CAC Certificate, Plainview, Syosset, NY, New York