The cashier receives and disburses money within the dealership, and usually works in the service department. The position involves use of electronic scanners, cash registers or related equipment. The cashier processes credit or debit card transactions and validates checks.
- Greeting customers at the cashier window, answering customers' questions and providing information on procedures or policies.
- Computing and recording transaction totals.
- Establishing or identifying prices of parts or service and tabulating bills using calculators or computers.
- Issuing receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
- Compiling and maintaining non-monetary reports and records.