NOTE: FLEXIBLE DAYS AND HOURS ACROSS ALL 3 SHIFTS.
Since time began, the earth’s been a generous contributor to people’s well-being. We haven’t been around quite that long, but The Nature’s Bounty Co. has been enriching lives of consumers around the world for more than 70 years. And before we even got started, the world was developing our motivation: Nature’s bountiful effects on people’s health.
Through our years, we’ve been a leader in health and wellness with our innovative products and solutions. We put science and the highest quality standards at the heart of our business—that’s why The Nature’s Bounty Co. brands are some of the most trusted in the world. We’re a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active nutrition, and ethical beauty products.
We’re also a great place to work, with, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture. If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all its forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Packaging Operator maintains, operates and sets up packaging equipment.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs all functions according to current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Performs all packaging equipment set-up’s adhering to defined time and equipment standards.
- Operates automatic packaging equipment and determines when to stop the line due to a safety or quality issue.
- Accurately and legibly document in Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Log Book.
- Respond quickly to equipment breakdown.
- Efficiently maintain operating machine and correct any malfunctions.
- Take personal ownership of 'Downtime,' 'Change-Over Time,' and 'Productivity' results.
- Engages in Daily Shift End meeting using two way communications to review shift actual results to goals.
- Takes individual accountability to assist team in identifying and closing actions to resolve problems. Facilitates start of shift meeting in the absence of the Team Supervisor.
- Assist Packaging Team Member with completion of paperwork associated with daily production and downtime tracking
- Ensure the proper bulk is placed into the line hopper by checking that the label on the outside of the bulk box matches the slat counter tag.
- Ensure proper packing procedure is utilized for shipment.
- Operate automatic filling, labeling, and sealing equipment.
- Engages in department team meeting using two way communications to review actual results to goals.
- Takes individual accountability to assist team in identifying and closing actions to resolve problems.
- Follows escalation process standard work and assists teams in Why Why Problem Solving Analysis.
- Follows all standard work and identifies improvement opportunities to standards