What Security contributes to Cardinal Health
Security is responsible for providing measures to safeguard Cardinal Health's assets from circumstances that would cause loss or harm.
- Demonstrates knowledge of security concepts, policies, and procedures.
- Recognizes and anticipates security incidents and issues and escalates or responds appropriately.
- Identifies physical risk and assists with risk mitigation.
- Conducts site security audits and investigations.
- Applies industry, government and company specific security standards to solve problems and provides guidance.
- Completes and/or reviews incident reports.
Accountabilities in this role
- Daily security procedures
- Corporate security and safety standards compliance
- Emergency response and crisis management
- Physical security of multiple locations in Dublin, Ohio
- Routine patrols
- Security policies and procedures enforcement
- Security or medical incidents response; reporting actions and findings
- Provide high-quality customer service at security desks, and interact in a professional manner with employees, contractors, and visitors
- High school diploma required
- 1+ years’ experience in a related field
- Prior experience in the Security industry is preferred
- EMT basic preferred
- Paramedic, law enforcement and/or first responder experience preferred
- Ability to work independently and perform all job duties with minimal supervision
- Willing to work a wide range of hours
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies acquired knowledge and skills to complete standard tasks
- Readily learns and applies new information and methods to work in assigned area
- Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
- Works on routine assignments that require some problem resolution
- Works within clearly defined standard operating procedures and/or scientific methods
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works under moderate degree of supervision
- Work typically involves regular review of output by work lead or supervisor
- Refers complex unusual problems to supervisor
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.