Responsible for doing all of the following in a timely and approriate time frame suggested: decontaminating all instrumentation, assembling all instrument sets, Sterilizing all items in the proper method of sterilization, clean equipment for the departments/units, and stock supplies for SPD department. WORK LOCATION: CHRISTUS Santa Rosa - Alamo Heights, 403 Treeline Park, San Antonio, TX 78209 The anticipated schedule for this position will be between 15:00 to 23:00 on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays. This schedule is subject to change based on the department's needs.
- Must attend 80% of the department meeting offered each year.
- Ability to liftcarry heavy items repetitively.
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to perform task and duties with minimal to no error
- Basic Computer Knowledge
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- One to two years of Central Service Sterile Processing experience preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- IAHCSMM, CBSPDP, or other nationally recognized certification REQUIRED within 2 years of employment or will be removed from position