SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
As a Part-time, On-call Inspector you will execute inspections according to the Inspection Job Order (IJO), Quality System procedures and/or any other applicable document/manual related to inspection execution and reporting.
- Executing inspection upon request from IC coordinator, verifying that all information provided for inspection execution is complete and allows executing inspection without problem.
- Observance of inspectors’ manual (handout) and IJO for inspection execution.
- Reporting of inspection results according to standard GIS Inspection Report form.
- On time submission of inspection report to GIS IC office, according to deadlines provided by KPI´s.
- Reporting to Inspection Coordinator of any risky information detected by during inspection process, according to risk detection guidance provided by IC management & Inspection Supervisor.
- Taking care of Security Material supplied by the IC coordinator; reporting all Security Material movement to IC Coordinator (used, damaged, and lost) for prompt registration /action.
- Careful use of tools and materials provided by the company for inspection execution.
- Using of standard security elements for personnel protection to make the execution under safety conditions.
- Reporting to IC Coordinator & Inspection Supervisor any deviation of standard procedures according to inspector’s manual, IJO, SGS Policy, SGS Ethic Code, and any other mandatory document applicable to GIS.
- Timely reporting to IC Coordinator of expenses related to inspection execution.
- Any other task assigned by local IC office
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years experience execution of inspections
- Knowledge of specific product industry or technician/professional level is an advantage which replaces the requirement of min 2 years of experience in execution of inspection.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.