SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
- Operate on a routed schedule for pick up and/or delivery of materials within established timeframes
- Obey traffic laws, and follow established traffic and transportation procedures
- Load and unload vans or automobiles
- Report any mechanical problems encountered with vehicles
- Inspect and maintain vehicle supplies and equipment, such as gas, oil, water, tires, lights, and brakes, to ensure that vehicles are in proper working condition
- Maintain records such as vehicle logs, records of cargo, or billing statements in accordance with company regulations
- Light maintenance on equipment and coordinating when and what types of maintenance are required
- Use of automatic routing or location software, such as a GPS, provided by the company.
- Perform other errands as reasonably requested
- Punctual, reliable, and exercises good judgment
- Ability to interact with clients as a responsible representative of the company
- Ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
- Clean driving record
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.
Information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.