Full time schedule- Mon-Fri 8am-5pm (flexible schedule)
- Set up and operate precision conventional lathe and mill to produce precision medical device components, fixtures, and tooling.
- Works from and understands engineering drawings, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, machining, metal working.
- Machines a variety of metals and plastics common to the medical device industry. Performs light facility maintenance and repair as needed.
- Coordinates by phone and email and issues PO's with outside suppliers of goods and services as required to complete jobs.
- Must have 2+ years working as a machinist.
- Master machinist skill level in operation of conventional lathe and mill. Able to hold tight tolerances in stainless steel, aluminum, and plastic.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and inspection criteria documents. Understands ANSI Y14.5 and ISO dimensioning and tolerancing drawing standards.
- Ability to meet timelines and deadlines for short run production jobs and tooling/fixtures.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.