FLORIDA DETROIT DIESEL ALLISON is a Stewart & Stevenson company. Our unique line-up of products and services means that you’ll get exposure to a broad range of industries including oil & gas, power generation, construction, transportation, marine, mining and agriculture. With more than 1300 employees in 64 locations in the U.S. and abroad, our small, customer-focused teams share a common commitment to the quality and value of service.
Sell spare and replacement parts and equipment in repair shop or parts store for several product lines.
- Read catalogs, microfiche viewers, or computer displays in order to determine replacement part stock numbers and prices.
- Determine replacement parts required, according to inspections of old parts, customer requests, or customers' descriptions of malfunctions.
- Receive and fill telephone orders for parts.
- Fill customer orders from stock.
- Prepare sales slips or sales contracts.
- Receive payment or obtain credit authorization.
- Take inventory of stock.
- Advise customers on substitution or modification of parts when identical replacements are not available.
- Examine returned parts for defects, and exchange defective parts or refund money.
- Mark and store parts in stockrooms according to prearranged systems.
- Discuss use and features of various parts, based on knowledge of machines or equipment.
- Demonstrate equipment to customers and explain functioning of equipment.
- Place new merchandise on display.
- Measure parts, using precision measuring instruments, in order to determine whether similar parts may be machined to required sizes.
- Calculate and provide sales quotes to customers on multi-part orders.
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) and/or two to four years related experience
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.