We are Stewart & Stevenson. Our unique line-up of products and services means that you’ll get exposure to a broad range of industries including oil & gas, power generation, construction, transportation, marine, mining and agriculture. With more than 1300 employees in 64 locations in the U.S. and abroad, our small, customer-focused teams share a common commitment to the quality and value of service.
Sell spare and replacement parts and equipment to external customers in parts store or internal customers in repair shop.
* Read online catalogs and use the enterprise resource planning (ERP) software in order to determine replacement part stock numbers and prices.
* Determine replacement parts required, according to inspections of old parts, customer requests or customers' descriptions of malfunctions.
* Receive and fill telephone orders for parts.
* Fill parts store and repair shop customer orders from stock.
* Prepare sales slips or sales contracts.
* Add sale to work order for invoicing.
* Receive payment or obtain credit authorization.
* Take inventory of stock.
* Advise external or internal customers on substitution or modification of parts when identical replacements are not available.
* Examine returned parts for defects, and exchange defective parts or refund money.
* Mark and store parts in stockrooms according to prearranged systems.
* Discuss use and features of various parts, based on knowledge of machines or equipment.
* Demonstrate equipment to customers and explain functioning of equipment.
* Place new merchandise on display.
* Measure parts, using precision measuring instruments, in order to determine whether similar parts may be machined to required sizes.
* Calculate and provide sales quotes to customers on orders.
* Achieve sales goals and forecasts, as established by the department.
* Handle customer problems, issues or complaints.
* Educate customers on other products or services that may meet their needs, and persuade external customers to purchase such products or services.