Under the supervision of the supervisor or manager on duty, employee is responsible for providing customer service, ticketing and those activities related to boarding and deplaning passengers at the ticket counter, gate or baggage area.
- Completes activities related to boarding and/or deplaning passengers and associated paperwork and/or computer entries.
- Keys passenger information into the ticketing reservation system.
- Assists passengers with reservations, ticketing, and adjustments to itinerary.
- Greets passengers and provides necessary travel and gate information.
- Keep passengers informed and makes announcements to ensure important information is communicated about their itineraries, flights and luggage.
- Coordinates with internal resources to ensure passenger information is processed and flights are dispatched on time.
- Lift or moves passenger luggage onto baggage belt and creates bag labels to ensure proper delivery.
- All other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Knowledge of Ticketing systems, Computers, DGS, Safety, Security, Airport layout, FAA, Flight schedules and Station policies and procedures. MENTAL ABILITIES: Must be able to follow directions, count, calculate and read and interpret documents.
• Customer Oriented - Ability to great customers in a friendly and courteous manner and take care of the customers’ needs and personal belongings while following company procedures.
• Attendance and Reliability –Ability to maintain regular attendance and report to work on time and at assigned post at the start of the shift.
• Communication - Ability to communicate in a professional manner with others orally or written and actively attend to, listen and understand the needs of the customer and comments and questions of others in the workplace.
• Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly to ensure passenger/flight information is correct.
• Diversity - Ability to work in a friendly, respectful and professional manner with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, disability etc..
Competency Statement(s) continued Page 2
• Honesty/Integrity/Ethical Standards – Ability to maintain high morale standards and be honest and ethical while performing job duties and handling customer belongings.
• Organizational/Time Management-Ability to work in an organized fashion and respond to customer requests to ensure passengers are boarded in a timely manner.
• Safety - Ability to follow established safety policy and procedures.
• Teamwork – Ability to work with others as a team to perform and complete job duties.
• Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace such as working different schedules, locations, assignments, shifts or work at various paces.
EDUCATION: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) is preferred.
Must be 18 years of age; eligible to work in US; able to pass pre-employment drug screen, FBI criminal background check; and complete SIDA training to obtain airport authority identification security badge.
Lift/move up to 70 lbs
Reach Above Shoulder
Stoop, Squat or Kneel
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5 hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5 hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5 hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
Sense of Sound/Hearing
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to work in crowded public areas of the airport under tight time constraints to service passengers. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud. The pace of the work varies but it often fast paced and depends on the flight schedule, flight delays, weather and passenger volume.
This job description is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Particular functions, tasks and requirements may vary or be added depending upon the location and operational requirements. This document does not represent a contract of employment and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.