A prestigious international law firm has an immediate opening for a legal assistant with some patent prosecution experience. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a highly reputable IP legal team at the firm's Denver office. Advance your career by joining the booming field of IP law!
- Prepare documents and file with the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Drafting correspondence to clients regarding status of applications and patents (e.g. filing receipts for applications, publication notices, certificates)
- Manage docketing and deadlines and communicate with attorneys about action items
- Review documents, communications and issued patents for accuracy
- Help with projects including new portfolios and patent due diligence
- Declaration and assignment document preparation
- Other duties (e.g. information disclosure statements) as assigned.
- 1+ years of Patent Prosecution experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required (paralegal certificate or college degree is a plus)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe and legal document management systems
- Some familiarity with IP docketing software and patent-related websites
- Basic knowledge of United States Patent and Trademark Office procedures, requirements and rules
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.