We are currently pursuing a hospital based Pathologist with subspecialty experience in one of the following: Cytopathology, GI Pathology or Urologic Pathology.
This position will be positioned in a Medical Center in Lafayette, CO, but will have a rotation at a hospital in Denver.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides accurate and timely diagnosis of the presence and stage of disease from a tissue specimen, utilizing appropriate laboratory procedures. Confers with other physicians as needed.
• Is familiar with and able to recommend clinically appropriate advanced diagnostic testing such as molecular and genetic studies.
• Assigns the appropriate Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) and the appropriate ICD-9 codes for the service(s) provided and the diagnosis rendered, following authoritative coding guidelines and Company coding policies.
• Takes the initiative to improve quality in the work place. Participates in and coordinates activities of QA/QI to ensure quality care and evaluates the effectiveness of quality assurance policies and procedures.
• Actively builds upon education and experience through Continuing Medical Education (CME) to maintain licensure/credentials.
• Manages medical, associate, and financial resources wisely. Provides others with the support necessary to successfully accomplish daily activities while monitoring and controlling costs.
• Provides advice to referring physicians regarding the clinical significance of laboratory findings.
• Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information concerning patients, physicians, employees, clients, vendors, and the Company.
• Provides educational services, conferences, and instruction where required.
• Complies with all State, Federal, professional regulations as well as Company rules, polices, and procedural manuals.
• MD/DO degree plus accredited pathology residency
• Board certified in anatomic and clinical pathology
• 3 years post residency experience
• Ability to spend consecutive hours interpreting tissues and cellular preparations through a microscope
• Ability to visually, audibly, and physically perform all job functions
• Valid unrestricted license to practice medicine in CO or eligible to obtain licensure
• Active privileges in facility where any inpatient work is interpreted