PhenoPath, a Quest Diagnostics Company, is a national reference laboratory in Seattle, WA committed to rendering “diagnoses you can count on” for cases ranging from the most complex to the most straightforward. Collectively, PhenoPath pathologists have sub-specialty expertise in both solid tumor pathology and hematopathology.
PhenoPath Laboratories is recruiting a full-time Surgical Pathologist with at least 5 years of attending-level experience. In addition to fluency in immunohistochemistry, the successful candidate will bring expertise in one or more of the following areas: GI, GU, or Breast. The hire will participate in the interpretation and reporting of primary diagnostic cases, consultative diagnostic cases, client-directed testing in a variety of testing modalities, and material associated with research activities for biopharma.
Key position requirements include:
• Fluency in the histologic and immunohistochemical assessment of a broad range of surgical pathology sample types, including diagnosis and prognosis/ prediction as applied to the range of solid tumor types.
• Experience with one or more other ancillary testing modalities, including PCR, chromogenic in situ hybridization, and fluorescence in situ hybridization.
• Ability to function in a collegial manner with the pathologists, scientists, technologists, and all other staff at PhenoPath, including coordination of time off to ensure adequate service coverage, and timely review of colleagues’ difficult cases when a second opinion is sought.
• Ability to assume a leadership role in the PhenoPath Immunohistochemistry Laboratory, with participation in medical oversight of laboratory operations, new antibody validations, proficiency testing, etc.
• Availability to customers, client services, and staff as questions or concerns arise.
• As appropriate, participation on PhenoPath committees, review and development of PhenoPath informational/marketing materials, presentations to staff and PhenoPath clients, and manuscript preparation.
• As appropriate, interfacing/collaborating with other pathologists or scientists at Quest Diagnostics.
• As appropriate, contributing to the execution and reporting of general tissue-related contract research projects.
• Maintaining appropriate licensing/accreditation and keeping abreast of the relevant pathology literature via participation in professional organizations, conferences and accumulating adequate CME/SAM hours for licensing.
• Maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information concerning patients, employees, clients, vendors, and the company.
• Supporting the medical director in maintaining a safe work environment.
• Performing other assigned duties or tasks on an as-needed basis.
• Board certification in anatomic pathology and/or anatomic and clinical pathology
• Fellowship training in general surgical pathology, GI, GU, Breast Pathology, or Molecular Pathology.
• 5 years post-fellowship sign out experience
• Excellent working knowledge of immunohistochemical techniques; proficiency with other laboratory techniques, including fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) and polymerase chain reaction (PCR) desired.