Pathologist - AMP- Tucker, Georgia - Mon-Fri
Provide professional oversight and direction of clinical pathology services including quality assurance functions, medical directorship where indicated (per CLIA), and technical direction as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide accurate and timely diagnosis of the presence and stage of disease from a tissue specimen, utilizing appropriate laboratory procedures. Confers with other physicians as needed.
• Be familiar with and able to recommend clinically appropriate advanced diagnostic testing such as molecular and genetic studies.
• Assigns the appropriate Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) and the appropriate ICD-9 codes for the service(s) provided and the diagnosis rendered, following authoritative coding guidelines and Company coding policies.
• Takes the initiative to improve quality in the work place. Participates in and coordinates activities of QA/QI to ensure quality care and evaluates the effectiveness of quality assurance policies and procedures to enhance standards and excellence of service in the laboratory and Company.
• Actively builds upon education and experience through Continuing Medical Education (CME) to maintain licensure/credentials.
• Manages medical, associate, and financial resources wisely. Provides others with the support necessary to successfully accomplish daily activities while monitoring and controlling costs.
• Provides advice to referring physicians regarding the clinical significance of laboratory findings
• Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information concerning patients, physicians, employees, clients, vendors, and the Company.
• Provide educational services, conferences, and instruction where required.
• Complies with all State, Federal, professional regulations as well as Company rules, polices, and procedural manuals.
• MD or DO degree plus accredited pathology residency.
• Must be board certified in anatomic and clinical pathology.
• 2-3 years post residency experience desired.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
• Ability to spend consecutive hours with continued focus, interpreting tissues and cellular preparations through a microscope.
• Ability to visually, audibly, and physically perform all job functions.
Technical Training or Professional Licensing
• Must hold valid unrestricted license to practice medicine in the state where practice is located or be eligible to obtain licensure.
• Must hold active privileges in facility where any inpatient work is interpreted.
• Strong customer focus and understanding of laboratory operations.
• Ability to communicate with decision makers in the laboratory and Company.